Monday, October 11, 2010

Tablecloth progress report

I started with a huge piece of muslin and cut it to size, then marked where I want certain pieces to go with a pencil (this involved laying the whole piece out on the floor and working with a yardstick, a looooong retractable metal measuring tape and a pencil). Then I started cutting and stitching together my odds-n-ends fabrics to make strips. I put the whole thing on the guest room bed earlier today ... look who found it this evening :) My biggest concern now is that the muslin will not be able to support the weight of the fabric panels I'm attaching. I talked to my mom and she gave me a few ideas ... all I can do is try. I'm still so excited about this project! I think it's going to be beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment