Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Paper tree & some holiday freebies!

Yay, December is here! I'm unveiling a tree I made using lots of beautiful old paper . I was inspired by the tree on page 12 of the current issue of "Holiday" by Matthew Mead. Once I started making this one, I have to admit I got a bit addicted and started a whole forest ... they're currently in various stages of completion ...
Topper is an old rhinestone earring.
Love Diamond Dust!
Holiday freebies! I've decided to share some of my vintage holiday stash with you electronically! These are some of my favorites that I have so few of, so can't bear to part with the originals. Every day until December 21st, I will post a new image for you to print out and use in your holiday crafting. You'll find it in the upper right-hand bar of the blog. This is my first time trying something like this, so let me know if you encounter any problems along the way.
Fa la la la la!

4 comments:

  1. I love this...it's beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job.. beautiful.. really I love these and thanks so much for buying my magazine... it brings me much joy that you are making things from it. Best Always, Matthew Mead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trees are beautiful! I love the addition of the jewelry pieces! I've never heard of that magazine so I must check it out. I wonder how someone like me (mixed media artist who always looks for seasonal items) missed that one. Well, glad to know about it now! Also, thank you for the freebie images! This is really cool! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried and cannot seem to figure out how you make these trees. I tried making cones from circles and fringing them...didn't work. Then I tried cutting strips of paper, fringing them and stacking, getting them smaller as I went upward...that wasn't right either. Could you help??

    ReplyDelete