Thursday, July 28, 2011

Flea market clothing!

You never know what you're going to find at the flea market! This is the second time I've come across a wonderful artist named Bonnie Trivizas who takes old thrift store finds, cuts them up, combines them with other pieces and the result is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind wearable piece of art! Case in point ... this fabulous jacket! It started as a linen jacket. She trimmed off the bottom, then added part of an old plaid flannel skirt (note the buttons were part of the original skirt). Then you turn around and, oh-my-gosh, just look what she did to the back! It's got an Edwardian peplum thing going on, created from pieces of a second embroidered jacket. I asked to try it on, and whaddya know, it fit like it was made for me! So of course I had to have it! Bonnie's work is outstanding and I love that she does with old clothing what we do with old paper ... creates something extraordinary, unique and new out of the discarded, unwanted and old.

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable jacket !! You look terrific!!I am doing something similar with a white jacket ($1) dyed periwinkle and heavily embellished with hand dyes and stitching! Such FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete