Friday, September 2, 2011

Southern treasures

Going through the pics on my camera and wanted to share these fabulous images from shopping in Savannah a few weeks ago. {above} Look what one store did with washi tape! I just stood there looking at it with my jaw drooping ...
... then I saw these vintage school books from Belgium and my jaw hit the floor!
Nothing says summer like an old metal pink rocker with a perfect patina!
This was the display shelf at Back in the Day bakery. http://www.backinthedaybakery.com/
This is the interior of a spectacular fiber/needle art store called The French Knot. http://www.french-knot.com/ The owner is a young lady who has a masters in fibers from the Savannah College of Art and Design. Definitely going back there again.
I was sorely tempted by these bird cages, but passed ... kinda regretting that now.

2 comments:

  1. one of these days I would love to go on a road trip with you!!! i so regret not going to Savannah when we lived in Charleston- but I was not in the right place in my life- I Did not know you then nor had a been bitten by the Mixed Media bug!!! Added it to my Bucket list of places I must see and be!!!
    Did any of those school books make the trip home with you??????

    ReplyDelete