Thursday, June 13, 2013

this-is-going-down-as-one-of-my-best-days day

I thought today was going to be average. I was wrong. 

And all because I went to an estate sale here.

This house was a hotel once upon a time, and a residence for the last 60 years. 3 full floors, a basement PLUS a barn. Lots of little nooks and gingerbread trim and add-ons and aqua and peely paint and wallpaper ...

So much to discover ...


Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a newspaper peeking out from under this piece of linoleum on the floor. The newspaper is dated 1931, so the flooring has been there since then...eee! I did my best to remove it, but it was nailed down ...


...but this one wasn't! Took 2 pieces right off the floor ... won't it make a great book cover?!? (will be in the store soon)

Picked up this piece for my friends at The Barn on Sweetwood. Isn't it darling?
 
 Was tempted by this adorable bench ...

The experience offered a window on a whole different world ...

1 comment: