Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Creating with Regine

The next class was creating a figurine with Regine Dossche using a material called Powertex. We began with a wire figure, wrapped it in foil then covered that with masking tape.
The next step was to dip strips of 100% cotton Tshirt in the Powertex and give our figure more depth and shape. The material was interesting to work with and dried within a few hours.
We were told to bring something to use as a base for our figure. A couple of years ago I purchased an alternator for an old Model T at a church rummage sale! I'm embarassed to admit I paid $10 for it, but it was one of those pieces that just spoke to me and I had to have it. Well, now I know why!
I call my piece "Mother's Embrace". Going into the class, I felt this was outside my comfort zone. But that's the wonderful thing about a creative weekend like this. You're forced to try new things, have a new experience and discover that this was actually quite relaxing and a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. very interesting and exciting!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete