Friday, June 19, 2015

Art on the Go

Traveling without my art supplies in unthinkable! I used to scramble the night before to make sure I had everything, then one day I had a lightbulb moment. I decided to create a traveling art kit with duplicates of all my favorites so I could just grab and go. 

Since the summer travel season is here, I thought this would be a good time to share what I carry with me. (Note this kit only goes with me on car trips...many of these items wouldn't make it through airport security) Hope this inspires you to create one as well!

- A darling container to put it all in. I use a hard-sided red American Tourister makeup case I found at an estate sale
- Black Sharpies (fine and the even thinner version)
- #2 pencils
- Staedtler Mars eraser
- Scissors
- Ruler
- Triangle
- X-acto knife
- Pencil sharpener
- Burnisher
- Awl
- Needle
- Couple yards of waxed linen thread
- Stapler
- Glue stick
- Small bottle of glue
- Clear tape
- Masking tape
- Tombo adhesive
- 2 brushes
- Black drawing ink
- Dip pen
- White gel pen
- Ink pad
- Plastic paint palette 
- Box of color pencils
- Box of watercolor pencils
- Top 10 favorite Copic markers
- Titanium white acrylic paint
- Top 10 favorite color acrylic paints
- Top 10 favorite washi tapes
- Stickers and labels
- Bag of favorite ephemera
- Cute readers

No comments:

Post a Comment