Friday, June 12, 2009

Good news, bad news

Well, the good news is that my altered book is back (see "Angst" from May). The bad news is that the magazine is not publishing it. Well, at least not *this* particular magazine. I'll try another ... On a more pleasant note, I recently acquired several books filled with "ditto masters". For those who are too young to remember, they were the precursors to Xeroxing. Copies were made using a ditto master on a ditto machine and the resulting copies had purple text (and if they had just been run off, they'd still be damp and had that scent that everybody in class had to hold up to their nose and smell!) Anyway, I was playing around with them and found they made awesome masters for gel medium transfers! The original is on the left ... the transfer is on the right on some monoprint paper. Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Onward with your wonderful book!!!! The first mag passed on a diamond- their loss!!!!

    I do so remember ditto's ! I wonder how many young brain cells were killed from sniffing?????? Love the gel transfer- so clever are you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth


    knitting with plastic in the humidity was not fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete