Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A paper bag swap

I've had an idea for a paper bag swap in the back of my mind for awhile. My friend Mel over at Ephermeraology http://ephemeraology.blogspot.com/ had a post about grocery stores and bags and that got me thinking maybe there are other people out there who are interested in this sort of thing. I think it would be fun to see what kinds of graphics are found on paper bags from other parts of the country and other parts of the world (hint, hint ... would love some international players as well!) Plus it would be great to use all that paper in a journal, don't you think?
So here's what I propose ... gather up a collection of paper sacks ... new, old, grocery, pharmacy, bakery, whatever ... they don't even all have to be the same. Send them to me and I'll put together a packet of bags from other folks and send them back. That's it. Easy peasy. But first things first ... I guess we need to know how many players. If you're interested in joining the swap, drop me an email at thepaperfleamarket@yahoo.com by March 31. Then I'll let everybody know the details of how many to send and what I'll need to cover postage to send them back out.
Sound good?

1 comment:

  1. I will have to think on this - the only interesting bags I have are Trader Joe! Will look thru and if I have any of interest, I may play along.

    ReplyDelete